Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Giving Back

Recently, I participated in the Shop for the Cure event and was able to give money back to an organization I think very highly of - Susan B. Komen.  In my work in the corporate world we have lots of opportunity to give back and this year I feel really proud of my charitable contributions.  I also feel good when I can say to my son "I'm making this to sell to raise money for this...or that", and he can see first hand how important it is to give back.

This year has been another tough year personally.  Max's grandma has been sick and in the hospital since July, and we keep praying they will let her go home, even if going home means to die.

The economy is still struggling, some friends are still out of work, or some still in a job they are unhappy about.   The passing of friend's loved ones has hit this year, and well I still think there's the residue from 2009 still lingering.   So, for 2011 I hope that it is a much better year, a year of celebrating, a year of appreciating, a year of giving back.  Because at the end of the day, year, what you put out in the universe, does come back.    I feel blessed to have the people I have in my life, to have my beautiful son, my health, and my work.  I hope 2011 is a year I won't want to forget about.  A year full of hope and promise and peace.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.


Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment