Sunday, February 8, 2009

Where does the time go...

So it's been a couple of weeks since I even looked at my blog, and that's not a good sign.  It just seems like there's so little time to do all the things I want to do.  Time just simply flies.

We celebrated my sons 6th birthday in Canada this weekend.  He actually turns 6 on February 11th but for Max birthdays are like Mardi Gras they are a week long event because of his international family.    So Wednesday he'll take cupcakes to school, and I'll give him one or two of his gifts and then on Saturday we'll have my family over for another Birthday celebration.  Max like most kids LOVES birthdays of course because of the "Toys".  Even though he's an only child we try not to go nuts with toys.  The other day Max stepped on one of those hard plastic penguins, the kind with the pointy beek.  He screamed, and then cried because he was in so much pain and as much as I hated to do it I said "You see this is why I ask you to pick up your toys.  Do you have any idea how many times your little plastic creatures have embedded themselves in my feet?" 

I'm still in shock that he's going to be 6.  It seemed like yesterday I found out I was pregnant, yesterday that I held him in my arms and he was just 8 pounds not 62.   You certainly see how time really flies when you have children.  They change with a blink of your eyes.

And so I plan for another birthday and hope that my child appreciates the things he gets and actually uses them (Leapster).  And I hope that this year doesn't fly by quite as fast but I know it will and honestly if this economy doesn't get any better I hope it does...  And I try to take in all that he's doing, and what's going on in the world around me as I know it will change in the blink of an eye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment